Ever wonder what makes our store so special? Cardamom is often the answer and our chocolate chip cookie is no exception to this! Try out our recipe for Hailed’s signature treat and let us know how yours turn out.
Yields 12 large cookies
Prep time: 20m
Bake time: 8-10m
- 50g white sugar
- 160g brown sugar
- 114g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 208g all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 225g dark chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350F, and prepare your baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, cardamom, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
In your mixer, combine melted butter, and both sugars.
Once it's homogeneous, add one egg and allow it to fully mix in before adding in vanilla extract.
Add in your flour mixture on low speed. When it's roughly mixed in, add your chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
Preheat your oven to 350F while your dough rests for 10m at room temperature.
Scoop onto the parchment lined baking tray, leaving 1" spaces between the cookies.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and fully cooked. Enjoy!
- Sprinkle the tops with flakey salt for an extra special step!
- Make these ahead of time and freeze the raw dough after you scoop them. Just bake from frozen for 10-12 minutes.
- Be careful as the flour may splash out at you as you mix. To avoid this, pulse the speed from 0 to 1 a couple of times until the flour is incorporated more.
- You can make this recipe by hand but I highly suggest you use the mixer if possible. Doing this by hand can be tiring.
- Having everything measured before starting can help the recipe come together easier.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature. Keep freshness in to enjoy later.