An accident that revolutionized coffee brewing in the 1850s, the FrenchPress came to light when a French man was making himself a cup of coffee. This brewing method provides a much denser body than a pour-over. It is a well-known brewing method and an ideal coffee brewing approach when in a large group setting. If you enjoy a few cups of coffee with your breakfast this is your best friend, and it comes in different sizes too!
Requirements for a two cup brew (what you need?):
- French Press.
- Grind 30 Grams of Hailed house blend coffee to a medium to coarse size like kosher salt.
- 480 grams of hot water.
- Scale “optional”.
- Preheat the FrenchPress and the cup your serving in, discard water after 1 minute.
- Let the hot water to sit a bit after boiling to drop water temperature to 97c
- Add your 30 grams of coffee, start your timer, and pour 60 grams of water.
- Stir gently for 10 seconds.
- Add rest of water evenly to your FrenchPress for a good coffee extraction.
- Put the lid and press gently until the metal filter contacts the coffee.
- After 4 minutes, press gently to separate coffee from grounds.
- Serve coffee immediately after pressing to avoid over-extraction.
- Brew time should be around 4 minutes including pre-infusion
- Add an extra minute for a bolder extraction, or reduce a minute for lower bitterness.
Enjoy a full-bodied cup of coffee!
The FrenchPress is a universal brewing method for you to enjoy with your friends and family.
Get yours now at www.Hailed.ca